Raspberry Plants

Hi! ...I've got a newbie question here. This morning my wife, in a bit of over-zealous cleaning up, snipped a large number of red raspberry plants to the ground in an area next to the house. I live in Southern California. I know that pruning back berries is normal in winter...but are these berries toast without any leaves to support them in summer...or will they come back? Without a root structure, are the stalks replantable? Anything I can put in the ground to help them along? Thanks for any advice.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I wouldn't worry about replanting the canes. Raspberries are very tough plants and they will put out new shoots from the ground this summer and next year will come raging back like mad.