rain, freezing rain, snow, winter warning.............

lessee, rain, freezing rain, snow (up to a possiblity of 7-8 inches) winter warning............yep, it's the end of February in Eastern Tennessee...........time to pluck that daffodil madgardener bundling up to werk outside in all this mess today with the flu

Reply to
madgardener

Lions and tigers and bears.............Oh my!!

You partied too much and showed everybody your tetonas on Mardi Gras to get all those pretty beads and that's what happens, you naughty girl. You got the flu!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Hey, it's been in the 60s and 70s here all winter, sans a few days here and there and the two inches of snow which melted ten minutes later and my daffs are just starting to peek a boo.

It's only in the 50s today. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I mean it. I am freezing at that temp now.

escapee

Plants know more than we do. Why worry?

Reply to
MC

no one wants to see chi chi's that are 51 years old, despite that I do have nice nips.......................I probably picked up the flu from some customer at Lowe's this last weekend. I WISH I'd gotten to go to Mardi Gras, I was born in N'Awlins back in 1953 but never raised there..........and so far, we've got 5 inches and climbing. got all the bird feeders filled, all the thistle socks (all six of them) packed tight with thistle and taken some awesome pictures after I was finally able to get home. it was treacherous driving home on those winding and steep back roads. Took me just over an hour when it normally takes 20 minutes. I smoked the tires just trying to get up the last hill behind my house.

Reply to
madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

just had the flu too.

The Q

Reply to
the q

Maddie,

You should have been here with us in SC! It is piling up with the snow. I hope my peony will live through it all. My blue hydrangea started to come back to life after I thought it was dead, and now we have this snow. I hope it makes it through this. We've already accumulated a foot of snow which is major for where I live! Oh well, I better just go out and enjoy it!

loony

Reply to
loonyhiker

the peony will be fine. I just have to remember to go to Mary Emma's soon and dig up those tree peonies before they break dormancy. She's giving me all that are left in her yard. She's not gardening any more :( We have about 8 inches right now, and expecting about another inch or two then after tonights frigid temperatures, Saturday will be in the upper 50's. Almost like Denver's weather..............snow, sun, melting so fast it steams off the streets with evidence only on the north side of buildings and such.......... are you still getting snow? maddie

Reply to
madgardener

Our temps are supposed to "reach" the lower 50's this weekend. It's the warmest temps since last Nov. We have seen the coldest temps in many years. It's been a very, very cold winter here. We used more propane than normal and have had to plow that "white stuff" more than usual. The fridge I have in the garage didn't turn on because of the extreme cold and I lost everything in the freezer. It's been in the mid to upper 30's for the past 2 days and that's very warm to us. We can finally see small swatches of lawn underneath the pine trees where the snow was not too deep and melted quickly. I have a large place under a scotch pine in my front yard that's also under my bird feeders where the turkeys scratch for bird seed. I also have deer that come to the same tree to look for dropped seed. The deer have advanced to the trick of standing on their back legs, balancing very well and eating from my stationary bird feeder. Some of the others have learned to tip the tree hanging feeders up with their noses and draining all the seed out. I try to keep feed out all the time because the deer are eating my trees & shrubs because they can't find food. I am praying for spring! Sue in Mid- Mi. (zone 5)

Reply to
SAS567

The storm that passed over Calif. last night is on the fast track heading right towards you, you can thank Hawaii for it after it dumps on you.

-- "Knowledge is a 3 edged Sword" Kosh on Babylon 5

giving me

Reply to
starlord

and today it went up to 56 with highs tomorrow in the low 60's F. The snow is only in places where the sun couldn't hit it and where there was too much to melt in one day. It'll all be gone but for the northern sides tomorrow for sure. Mom's Nature sure is wild this time of year. madgardener

Reply to
madgardener