Racoons in sweet corn - how to NOT

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 15:43:50 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

Um, wouldn't it be a lot easier to remove the animal's food supply? Animals only come to eat. Some people fence a garden and also add a roof of fencing. I did that to keep the birds from eating my blueberries. Wire fencing is cheap... to keep crows out I used chicken wire... for raccoons I'd use turkey wire. It's not always easy to trap feral animals, some are too smart to fall for a hav-a-heart. I have feral cats here that I had no luck trapping, they'd rather forego sardines. And I only wanted to bring them to the Vet to be fixed so their population wouldn't keep growing. Raccoons come to my barn to eat ct food, so far none were caught in the have-a-heart, and they arrive 20 at a time, eat all the dried cat food but won't take any bait I've tried for the cats.