rabbit manure question

Picked up some rabbit manure, it is mixed with straw and wood shaving. what is best way to use in vegetable garden? can i simply till it into soil? any advise appreciated.

Reply to
gaffer

I would use it as it is. The amount that you add depends on how much manure there is in the straw and shavings, rabbit is quite strong when fresh and could burn plants if laid on too thickly.

Some will tell you that all manure MUST be composted before using it, to me this is a waste of time that allows nutrients that you want in your soil to escape into the environment.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

That said, and try not to get any on the edible portions of the plant. After 3 months, it should just be aged fertilizer.

Manure Chicken Diary cow Horse Steer Rabbit Sheep N 1.1 .257 .70 .70 2.40 .70 P .80 .15 .30 .30 1.40 .30 K .50 .25 .60 .40 .60 .90

Billy

I see you, snicker. ^_^

TDD

Reply to