R.I.P. Anne Ophelia Dowden, 99 (botanical artist, "Shakespeare's Flowers")

In Boulder, CO.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.books.childrens/browse_frm/thread/915b92265ed73922/75211a7c8ad374c1?hl=en#75211a7c8ad374c1 (obit and bibliography)
http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?p=dowden+anne+ophelia&x=wrt (six obits, not counting the NY Times one)
Lenona.
Here is the link to NYTimes obit
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/16/arts/design/16dowden.html?_r=1&ref=obituaries&oref=slogin
I saw her exhibition at the Hunt Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. It is always amazing how varioius artists can interpret the natural world.
Tom
There is also an obit in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Thursday Jan 18.
http://post-gazette.com/pg/07018/754683-122.stm
Tom Bates
Oh how wonderful to have had such a very long life! I hope I make it to that age. I might not be so fortunate. I'd like to rejoice for her and celebrate her death. It was a life long lived.