Quick Q regarding rabbits

I forgot one thing.. rabbits can't sweat, so they overheat quickly in the summer, and being in something like the chicken tractor kind of idea, they'd overheat if exposed to the sun beating down on them even with a roof over the thing, it wouldn't get a lot of air circulation, and the humidity on a lawn is usually high. You'd soon have dead rabbits.

Particularly if you were rais>>> >>

Reply to
Janice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

He HE true about the chickens but being irish as I am I think sheep would really cure the grass mowing one or two would cure the problem of grass altogether HE HE :- ) Smile Michelle "Love is the water in the garden of life"

Reply to
Michelle

In my very limited experience with sheep, they eat what they like and leave the weeds for last. That encourages the weeds. Also, you have to move them around (divide your field into several sections and rotate through them) to keep the parasites down, so it's not as easy as "turn them out and let them eat". Some field management required.

I have heard that goats eat anything. (But they don't actually eat tin cans -- just chew on the labels). I have no experience at all with them. Anyone have comments?

The problem is not the grass, it's the obsession with mowing it (and watering it and fertilizing it and broadcasting weed killers and insecticides etc. etc.) If you don't use the lawn, why do you care how long the grass is? Long grass is still green (probably greener than short grass). If you do use the lawn, you probably don't want all the nasty stuff on it.

Reply to
Dwight Sipler

THEY LIKE THE GLUE THAT'S WHY THEY CHEW ON THE LABELS Yummy :- )

Well you could do what I'm planning to do and that is make a maze out of my yard so you can't see straight across my yard from any point I plan to make a twisty path to a pond rose garden fruit trees statues of mary and such I'm catholic so got to have mary in my garden maybe a nice grato with benches along the path accros from nice views and a nice garden house that will keep all my tools but look like a little cottage It' s probably a pipe dream but I might be able to finish it before I'm ninety six I've only got seventy years to go he he I don't like a lot of gras but decorative grass in the right places or some to spread out on near my pond or gratto will be nice this is a fun group and informational tooo your're right about the goats though they will eat the gras to the nubs and you certaintly won't have to wory about grass he he Michelle "love is the water in the garden of life"

Reply to
Michelle

Dwight Sipler wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@haystack.mit.edu:

goats are browsers. they eat grass as a last resort, much preferring to eat brush. those foundation plantings wouldn't last long, but your lawn wouldn't get mowed until they were gone (unless you have rhodies. goats will eat those & die). plus goats do NOT respect fences. don't think a goat will stay in a fenced area unless *they* choose to. if they don't want to be there, no fence will keep them in. llamas do a good job of mowing, although they prefer browsing too. lee

Reply to
enigma