Question ref Planting Bermuda Seeds in the South

I live in Georgia and planted some Bermuda seeds in some bare spaces in my lawn. In a day or so, all of this grass popped up where I had plated the seeds. It appears to be crabgrass. I didn't have it before. Can someone explain to me why planting the seeds brought this about?
If you disturbed the soil before putting the seed down, you may have made the conditions ideal for crabgrass germination.
On 12 May 2005 15:38:22 -0700, "print_or snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

so what can I do now? I plan to add some crabgrass killer. I don't see how I'll ever get the bermuda to grow there.
It'll grow there - it'll come in from the sides. Crabgrass preventer usually only works before seed germination, so it's a bit late this year. I'd put it down in early March next year, pull out the established plants this year.
If you want the spot covered until fall, which is when I put seed down, use annual rye. It comes up fast and only lasts until frost.
On 14 May 2005 13:05:10 -0700, "print_or snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

We put down some topsoil and sod and now have crabcrass coming in on the edges where we had topsoil but no sod. Use some crabgrass killer concentrate in a sprayer that contains MSMA. That will get rid of it after 1 or 2 applications.