question on my pear and pomergrante

i am in the dfw area, my pomergrante tree has plenty of flowers each spring but they all drop and i never get fruit. it is kept well watered, could it be too much water?
my pear tree is developing brown spots on the leaves, they are symetrical on either side of the leaf centerline, they don't show signs of browning from the edges as with moisture stress and the leaves don't immediately turn black as with ffire blight, anyone experience this before?
sam
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com in