Question on Mallow

So I have some mallow that I started from seed in Spring. Well, they grew quite a bit (about two feet) and so I ripped some of them out to make space for the others. I found them still alive about two weeks later, bare roots and all! So I took a couple of them and planted them in other beds. Do you think they will make it or will they just putter out on me over the winter? I live in the Pacific Northwest, Zone 7 or 8. Thanks!