Question on laying sod

I noticed the sod we had delivered to our site had one end with a straight cut and the other end with an angled cut. I've heard two ways to butt up the sod- both straight ends together or one angled end and one straight end. Supposedly the latter way makes the seams knit together better. Is there a best way to lay the sod?

Green side up.
Hi Val- My cousins name too. Are you sure it's green side up? This is the new brown colored sod, less maintenance than the green type. Actually looking for an answer, not a wisecrack. Thanks anyway. Val wrote:

On 11 Nov 2006 12:52:10 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

The most important aspect of laying sod is to have a very flat surface with no dips. The angled edges should be put up against one another, the squared off ends should touch one another. It will take time to fill in, otherwise. Also, if you leave the soil open to the rain it could cause a depression in the soil and you'll have to repair those before the sod fills in.