Question on hyacinth

I bought a potted hyacinth from Home Depot. It is nearly finished blooming. I would like to keep these bulbs for outdoor planting. How do I do this? Do I keep caring for them until the leaves turn brown, like a tulip? Then plant the bulbs outside in the spring?
I would keep taking care if the plant and then when the weather is right, transplant it where you want it to stay.
Dwayne