Question - Best way to kill a fox?

What is the best way to kill a fox? He keeps coming into my garden and wreckin my plants. I tried to catch him with a rake but he was too quick for me, is there any traps i can setup?

Reply to
mr_bulb

Id say get the shotgun out.

Little feckers!

Reply to
Green_Fingers

A slug is too quick for you... speaking of slugs...

Place a .38 snub nose in your ear and pull the trigger... hopefully the bullet won't miss your peabrain... Foxy Loxy won't bother widdle bubba bulby anymore.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Hava Heart puts out an animal trap... good for the usual mix of critters... might work for your fox depending upon the size.

Local Animal Control might be of assistance.. if you're in a populated area. However they usually kill the animals when caught.

When you catch the fox, you gotta figure out what to do with it... ie... you have a wild critter on your hands... and he might be kinda pissed !! Or scared... either one will buy you a bite if you're not careful.

The professional trappers use leg hold traps... usually kills or cripples the animal. . You can do - rat poison mixed with canned dog food.... however you'll probably see a lot more dead animals than the fox. It's a method I would not recommend but you didn't provide a lot of details.

So, those are ways you can trap dispose of the critter.... none are very nice.. but you asked.

I would probably use a more humane way...You'll sleep better at night. The motion activated sprinkler is a good idea... If you have a dog, keep him visible...

Foxes have been known to keep the squirrel and rabbit population down. Unless they have lodging around your property, they normally won't stay in an area for a long period of time, unless birthing.

You might try .. giving the fox an alternative food supply... place it away from the house or garden. using canned dog food or kibble. Again... foxes probably won't settle down in an area inhabited by people unless they have a den nearby.

Now I'm kinda curious... foxes usually hunt at dusk or night.... I've seen them during the day making their rounds, but not too frequently. usually early morning or twilight. So if you had a fox eating in your garden, during daytime and you were close enough to attack it with a rake.... somethings not right.

Foxes occasionally carry rabies. Rabid foxes are not fearful of humans and can be agressive.

Is it a friendly fox... people keep them as pets...treat them almost like you would treat a dog... they bond pretty well with humans... .Perhaps a neighbor is feeding him?? Don't walk up to him and pet him... but perhaps, like many other animals, deer, raccoon.. he's becoming domesticated.

Those are suggestions.. many people on this newsgroup seem to share a co-existance philosophy.....critters might be wild, they might be dumb, but they're trying to make a living, just like you and me.... sometimes it's easier to put up with them. We're lucky to have them around.

Other people think anything in the wild is rabid and needs to be destroyed immediately... (and don't forget to wash your hands afterwards too !!)

you didn't provide a lot of detail... so these are just general suggestions / observations.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

You're full of doodoo... you just keep make it up as you go... typical for you.

Yeah, right... you're a big time fox professional now... anyone with a third grade education knows fox young are called "kits". duh

Reply to
brooklyn1

Jangchub wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

as is kit, or even cub (although i don't know anyone that calls them anything but kit). what do you call a male fox? lee

Reply to
enigma

The Hav-A-Hart trap baited with a chicken leg. It should be a large trap. But who knows what you will catch. Here it can be possum, racoon, squirrel, bird, etc. With a trap, at least you can see what it is before you decide to kill it. The fox tail make a nice souvenir.

Reply to
Phisherman

Everyone is laughing at you... you so hate to be proven wrong that you just keep digging yourself into an ever deeper hole. Young fox are indeed kits, the unknowing refer to them as pups, even cubs, but the correct term is kit... you'd lose that 5th grader show. A male fox is called a reynard, or a dog. A female fox is a vixen. And you'e the big wildlife Professional, holy shit! Geeze but you are dumb, and you are dumb because you are unwilling to learn. You'll always be the dumbest one... you could not have possibly earned a high school diploma, you even failed your GED... we can tell you're dumb from your LEAVES!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Reply to
brooklyn1

Yeah, you can fly it over rat-topia, when the rats return. There's a reason for predators, ya know?

Reply to
Billy

foxes are in the dog family. they are after something that is eating your garden, not the veggies (altho they will eat grapes). they are VERY good rodent control agents.

leave them alone and if you can get that close they might be rabid then LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Reply to
dr-solo

She will be back i read it on the bbc website about a month ago :)

Reply to
damian

Damn you have serious issues , possibly psychopathic where you from come witt dat anger and imagined superior intellligents oops coupla gramma/innglish mastakes. Encouraging suicide even in jest is an act lower than a foxs belly.

Reply to
kris anthem um

Ah, Kris, so you've met our own Mr.Hyde and Mr.Hyde better know to us as Shelly, a.k.a. Sheldon, a.k.a. brooklyn1, a.k.a. a sociopath. He has multiple names, only the personality stays, relentingly, the same (sick). He's our own little cross to bear and he will disparage any feature or characteristic of you that he can. It seems to make him feel better. Self esteem problems probably. He does seem to know a few things about trees but you have to remember that he really doesn't seem to be able to control himself, so just try to ignore him as most of us do.

Welcome to the group ;O)

Reply to
Billy