Question about my heuchera

I've just planted about 9 heuchera plants and 3 tiarellas (foam flower) in the north side bed of my house. Do the heuchera need to have their crowns exposed? HOw about the tiarella. The T seems to be doing fine, but I just wanted to check about the heuchera.
TIA, J in Chicago
Coral Bells? I don't think you need to have their crowns exposed. I have several and none of mine are.
Bebra
NE PA zone 6b

Wow, thank you both for such great replies! I really appreciate it!
J in Chicago