Question about grass seed

Hello from New Orleans!
I know nothing about planting grass so I hope someone can answer a question for me - I planted some ryegrass in my back yard last week and it's growing in beautifully...how long before I (and my dogs) can safely walk on it?
Thanks!
Bingle
Depending on how well it's growing, first mowing can be from 2 to 3 weeks.
--

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062:odyssey three
Mister Bingle wrote:

I would *avoid* or *limit* walking on it until it's mowable, but I wouldn't worry about it if I *had* to walk on it. I walk on seedlings all the time while doing the maintenance they need (watering, raking leaves).
Walked on them when you sowed them right? Just don't play football on it yet..