Question

Hey Everyone, I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I just wanted an opinion of what everyone else thought before thinking about getting one for myself. Let me know what you think about it:

let me know your opinion of them!

Thanks Brandy

Reply to
Brandy

Very poor quality spam just like your's. 3 posts vs. 8 or so.

Reply to
Bill who putters

You are too gentle, Bill.

Dumber'n a sack of hammers is more to the point.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

It is so easy and inexpensive to make a custom screen, why buy one? I made one from 2x4s and 1/2" hardware cloth. Used rabbet-jointed corners, wood-glued, and nailed thin strips of wood over the hardware cloth edges. I used an oil finish. It is going on its 15th year of heavy use. No rust, but I store it in the garage. You may want to make more than one with different size hardware cloth. My sifter dimensions were determined on how it rests on top of the wheelbarrow. Use galvanized or SS nails. Butt joints can be used if you reinforce the corners with metal shelf brackets. Sifting compost through this sifter makes fluffy gardener's black gold.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Billy

I certainly would not buy anything from a source that spams this (or any other) newsgroup.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Love mine to pieces. The 1/4 inch hardware cloth might have been overkill, but I don't know that I care too much.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Thanks for everyone's advice!