Question

Hey Everyone, I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I just wanted an opinion of what everyone else thought before thinking about getting one for myself. Let me know what you think about it: http://groups.google.com/group/mr-sifter
Please let me know your opinion of them!
Thanks Brandy
In article

Very poor quality spam just like your's. 3 posts vs. 8 or so.
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 14:28:31 -0400, Bill who putters

You are too gentle, Bill.
Dumber'n a sack of hammers is more to the point.
Charlie
On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:20:38 -0700 (PDT), Brandy

It is so easy and inexpensive to make a custom screen, why buy one? I made one from 2x4s and 1/2" hardware cloth. Used rabbet-jointed corners, wood-glued, and nailed thin strips of wood over the hardware cloth edges. I used an oil finish. It is going on its 15th year of heavy use. No rust, but I store it in the garage. You may want to make more than one with different size hardware cloth. My sifter dimensions were determined on how it rests on top of the wheelbarrow. Use galvanized or SS nails. Butt joints can be used if you reinforce the corners with metal shelf brackets. Sifting compost through this sifter makes fluffy gardener's black gold.

Love mine to pieces. The 1/4 inch hardware cloth might have been overkill, but I don't know that I care too much.
Cheryl

Thanks for everyone's advice!
We got the message, now go intercourse yourself ;O)
In article

--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.
On 8/9/2009 11:20 AM, Brandy wrote:

I certainly would not buy anything from a source that spams this (or any other) newsgroup.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean