Q: What besides plants and mulch do you have in your garden?

Page 2 of 3
In article

Not a test just a few fond memories. I sort of remember 1969 but married in 1972 and had five kids . A blur for sure.
Meanwhile I ordered"A problem from hell" an was reminded of Balzac admonition that the only sin there is wanting to know every thing.
Bill a sinner who planted a few moon flowers about this day.
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
In article < snipped-for-privacy@sn-indi.vsrv-sjc.supernews .net>,

Good sychronicity, mine sprouted today:-) and I hope to sin later. - Billy (the other Bill) Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
In article

I remember 1969, but don't remember much after that.
The Summer of Love was 1967; fortunately I was too young to fully enjoy the festivities, but I did get to see The Dead and The Airplane play for free in Golden Gate Park. Janis Joplin was living in the Haight and still driving a car with a bad starter. Friends would have to help her push the car so she could bump-start it.
When she finally made some money, the salesman at the Mercedes dealership tried to run her off. He thought she was a deadbeat hippie, until she pulled cash money out of her pocket and raised a rukus for someone to sell her a goddamned car. *smile*
Jan, who didn't always live in Alaska
--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.

In June 1969 I married, graduated, and got a job in a butchers shop in our university town. My husband graduated and got a job as garbage collector. His hair was longer than my minidress; I had fabulous legs but was a lousy cook. We rented 3 tiny attic rooms (with no door) and shared the (only) bathroom on the middle floor, with everyone else in the house. The only furniture we owned was a mattress. Our joint income of 17 per week, was twice our living expenses so we were RICH.

Missed it. In the Summer of Love 1967 I was hitch-hiking down Turkey's coast with a Union Jack flag sewn on the arse of my jeans.
Janet.
On 6/2/07 6:59 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@cor8-ppp5025.per.dsl.connect.net.au, "Bill

Hey! I remember 1969 - I was a mere ten year old but I read the paper every day and not just the comics.

You could've been president dumbya's advisoralator at that age!

How to put this tactfully? It's because you were reading the papers and not rolling them. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.
I was in the Haight and people were trying to find a way to live that made sense. Meanwhile, over in Berkeley, students were trying to work inside the system. We both got creamed. Guys walking up and down the sidewalks wearing the same suits, the same shoes, same sun glasses and, with the same camera strapped around their necks. What we need now are new Church and Rockefeller sub-committees that put a spotlight on the abuses (CIA assassinations, collaboration with the Mafia, discrediting by illegal means political and civil rights leaders, ad nauseam) and shoved the monster back into the bottle. You don't really have to remember 1969 because "it's baaack".
- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
On 6/3/07 3:12 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@cor8-ppp5025.per.dsl.connect.net.au, "Bill

That took me a minute. Never had any interest in that "culture".

Honestly - I have begun to think that dirty politics started a long time ago - like the beginning. Just remember that Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus....

And no reason too. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. It's just that I haven't always been as level headed as I am today.
- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
In article

Besides, that was two lifetimes ago. Since then, I've been a teacher and, a business man. Right now, I'm honing my skills as a dilettante.
- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

That is a flat contradiction in terms. A dilettante does not "hone skills" or do anything but flit carefree from fun gig to fun gig.

So you have a problem with me being a professional layperson. Or is that lieperson, hmmm?
Oh, you and my brother. When anybody asks when I'm going to retire, he rolls his eyes and says,"From what?" But if you ever get a chance to work in a winery tasting room, take it. Of course you'll have to take the standard vows of poverty but, you get to spend the day with people who are having fun. Life is too short.
Unfortunately, I have discovered that my life has the ability to expand to take up all of the time available. Then there are those times when I work 14 hr.s/day, 6 days/week. It's particularly nice to be free at this time of the year to get the garden in.
Ideally, every day should have its' own name.
Unfortunately "What ever goes up, must come down. But that's not my problem", said Werner von Braun.
Time to barbeque.
a tout a l'heure,
- Billy (my brother Jimmy, always calls me Billy) Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
On 6/3/07 8:53 PM, in article tM6dnfOy97YH__7bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com, "Persephone" <Persephone> wrote:

But I like the image. Flit to the tea shop, then the garden center to the book store to the needle work store to the....
Then from garden bed to the new book and back to the garden.... Bill - are you a butterfly?

dreaming that I am a man.
In this dream, I am bound by the same laws of physics as everyone else. Yesterday one of my cats ate a butterfly. But like the guy who is hanging on to a root, sticking out of the side of a cliff, with lions above him and wolves below him, if I see a strawberry, I hope I grab it and, eat it.
- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
Persephone wrote:

A big ole negatory on that. Dilettantes do hone skills. Just not very completely, and across a lot of venues. Gigs don't always come in the fun variety, but mileage varies on that. Flitting, also, is a matter of choice.
--
John McWilliams

I think the idea of a generalist dove tails with the dilettante. So a dilettante generalist may happen upon something of interest and devote their lives to it. If we don't dabble we never know yet .......... Best path is yours I hope.
Bricks walkways Slight curve No transgression of evil spirits I read
Last straight line in nature Witnessed In little league.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

1969 is back, but who the hell is noticing? Yet alone responding?
Some of us are, and a lot of our young are getting involved.
Take to the streets and get *really* hosed this go around. No media coverage, no help, no nothing... think WTO summits. Standing in the free speech zones wiht no media coverage is an outrage.
what we need and what we are going to get are two different things, BIlly.
*They* beat hell out of us, yet we won, it was a pyrrhic victory.........but *they* learned from the experience.
Too many of *us* joined up with *them* and effing forgot about it.
Sold out, most of our generation did.
Feh CHarlie

The "Battle in Seattle". "The Rock in Rostock". Some people know what the multinationals have in mind for us. Thank god not all of us are going down easily. If you get a chance throw yourself in the gears or at least, throw you wooden shoes n the gears. We are on our way back to the "Middle Ages" but, with high tech weaponry.
- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Whoa bro.......your trigger finger is fast!
You got it right....it's our nature....the old scorpion and frog thing.
Keep on keepin' on Charlie

If'n it were my fingers, they would be wrapped around a petanque ball and a cool one. None of my fingers were made for triggers.