PVC Homemade greenhouse

Anyone tried making a greenhouse out of PVC pipes? I actually found some internet sites with PVC greenhouse projects. It may not be a great greenhouse to start a business with, but it probably will do for the home gardener who doesn't want to spend too much. I figured a 10 feet by 8 feet PVC greenhouse could be made for as little as $100 with some creativity. Any information ideas on this homebrew idea appreciated.

Reply to
snow

EMT conduit is a lot more rigid than PVC and costs about the same. I made a huge greenhouse frame with 1/2" EMT a few years ago, but then chickened out and didn't cover it because I was afraid it would blow away in the heavy wind while I wasn't home to chase it. If I had made it with 3/4" EMT, and/or made it a little smaller I would have finished it.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

AT:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Reply to
dr-solo

Oh yeah, I hope you don't live in an area which gets wind beyond 15 miles an hour with that type of house.

escape