Pumpkins and squash questions

I have a bumper crop of squash ( both Acorn and Hubbard ) and two kinds of pumpkins ( small pie and large decoration ). How and when do I know when to pick them? The Acorns look ripe fropm the get go but now they are sounding a little hollow. The Hubbard start green and turn golden, do I wait for the hollow sound too? The pumpkins are turning orange but there are still a few green. It is getting close to the first frost time here in western Wisconsin , should I pick everything with the first signs of frost?
Ron H.
--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition

Did you find these links yet? http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/hortihints/0410c.html http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/winsquash.html
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.