Pumpkins

Whens the ideal month to plant pumpkins so they are ready for halloween? Start indoors/outdoors?

Reply to
gman

Where I live? Plant seeds outside *right now!* (no earlier than the last week of May). Watch out for the dreaded squash vine borer. Harvest ripe pumpkins as late as possible (but before a frost) and hold them in a cool (but never freezing) area until carving time.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

thanks pat. I should have posted a region but not too sure what zone am in. I live in central california.

Reply to
gman