pumpkin seeds

I disagree! homemade pumpkin seeds are way more tasty. and salted seeds are sold in stores.
On 11 Nov 2003 09:18:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Rizzo) wrote:

Clearly I've missed a good bit of this conversation. I'm sitting here wondering how to make homemade pumpkin seeds.
Newsguy did you say Ann?
zhan

Yep! <G>
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

The hardest part is removing the "gunk" from the seeds. Butter a cookie sheet (or use a cooking spray), spread out the seeds, salt, and bake at 300 degrees until lightly toasted. Stir the seeds every 20 minutes. My seeds took an hour to dry, then another 20 minutes to toast.

Flashback to elementary school when I used to pop these babies in my mouth. I think I could get like a bag full for like 50.
I have tried growing pumpkins but so far no luck.
Rose http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html "How did I ever get talked into this?"