Pulmonaria/Lungwort mildew problem not in western climates?

I notice only a few Pulmonaria CVs in Sunset Western Garden Book. And they seem to be the old-time CVs, suggesting mildew isn't concern in the west. Pulmonaria seem infamous for mildewing problems in central states, but I see no mention of Pulmonaria mildew in the Sunset National Garden Book (ha!)
Does anyone know if mildew is trouble for Pulmonaria in western states?
--
East of East Bay Hills, SF, CA. Sunset 14,15. & interest in nearby 16,17,9 &
E Medit dry climes

see
Mildew on pulmonarias seem to be a fact of life regardless of location. It is certainly a problem in the PNW, more with some cultivars than others. The typical remedy is to shear the plant back hard after flowering. The new foliage will emerge promptly and is then typically clean of mildew for the remainder of the season. Works for me!
pam - gardengal