Pruning the Mystery Clematis?

I got a cheap clematis root at Wal-Mart which is growing nicely. However, nothing on the package told me what kind it was and when to prune it. I am aware there are two different approaches.
The picture on the box shows a white flower with a red central streak. Mine is too little to even think about flowering, so I don't know if that is what it really will look like. (My plants rarely end up looking like the pictures on boxes or seed packets, which isn't always bad, but is making me something of a cynic.)
The baby vine is about 15 inches high right now, growing up the base of a trellis.
What if anything should I do about pruning it?
--Jenny
http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/ Diabetes info http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/ Low Carb info
In my experience I would say leave it be. It will come back well next year. Some of my new acquisitions this year are a little scrawny too.
If you are up to a little search check out this web page. And dream. http://www.clematis.com.pl/wms/wmsg.php/52349.html I have found it extremely helpful. I sooo wish I could order some of the vines but the minimum is a little too high for my greenhouse.
--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid