Pruning Columnar roses (Lloyd Center)

Hi...can I do a light pruning on my columnar roses( Lloyd Center Pink)..here in SW Washington? They are taller than the supporing 6 " fence and wind is really gonna play havoc with them this winter...
Concern is if I do a light pruning now will they still try to grow rather than go into normal dormant stage...
What is worst case scenario..will I end up with black dead ends that will get pruned off come February...or am I risking killing them due to frost on tender cut ends...
We haven't had a frost here yet and probably wont until middle to end of November...
So do I try pruning now or wait until frost or wait until February?
Sandye wrote:

I would minimally prune them now to protect them from the winds and do the real pruning in the spring.

USDA Zone 8