Protecting wooden flats.

I've been given a few wooden (pine) flats for starting seeds and wondering the best way to finish them to help prevent them from rotting? Paint? wax? paraffin? Linseed oil? Any finishes to avoid? I'll be using them for starting seeds next month for next year's vegetable & herb gardens. Thanks.
I'm not an expert to answer this but I would think linseed oil or paraffin would be the choices.
J. Kolenovsky http://www.celestialhabitats.com
Phisherman wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
I paint mine with exterior grade latex house paint. They last about five years. A yearly paint job would probably make them last forever.