Propagating Christmas cactus?

Hey Folks:
Some of my friends have really cool Christmas cactus colors. I tried rooting a slip, but it croaked. Can anyone give me some hints on how to do it right?
Jan
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:39:12 -0400, Jan Flora wrote:

There's nothing to it. Just take a few clippings, put them in SLIGHLY damp soil out of direct sunlight for a few weeks.
WELLA!
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 02:39:12 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@xyz.net (Jan Flora) wrote:

I don't get 100% of the slips to root. Use a sterile rooting medium (sand or vermilculite) and rooting hormone. The slips should have 4 or 5 sections. Enclose the cutting in plastic and provide bright light. They take 6-8 weeks to root. Same thing with orchid cactus, which I believe are in the same family.
<< Subject: Re: Propagating Christmas cactus? From: Phisherman snipped-for-privacy@noone.com >> << The slips should have 4 or 5 sections. Enclose the cutting in plastic and provide bright light. >> *************************************************From an earlier reply to the same post: <<There's nothing to it. Just take a few clippings, put them in SLIGHLY damp soil out of direct sunlight for a few weeks. >> ____Reply Separator_____
Light or no light?
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:24:15 -0400, TOM KAN PA wrote:

Light, just no direct sunlight.