Problems growing leland cypress

Hi there, I have a section in back yard between me and a neighbor that is very wet. There are some large trees in the immediate area but for years I have been trying grow leland cypress to create a natural screen between the two properties. My understanding is that leland cypress get very big very quickly which is what I want. Unfortunately I've been trying for several years and the growth is almost nothing. One tree has grown, maybe, 6 inches in 3 years--and that only happened because last year I watered it 2x daily.
The area also has a lot of shade because of the oak and maples nearby. So I'm not sure if it's the minimal direct sunlight, the wet soil or a nutrient deficiency in the soil. Any ideas?
Also, if these conditions aren't good for leland cypress can anyone make a recommendation for another tree that could that I could cluster for a suitable screen effect?
Many thanks, YYY