Problem with conifers

Hi, can anyone help with my problem? I have 5 ft conifers along a boundary fence, that are a year old. They have been fine but now look as though they are dieing, going brown from bottom up. I have always watered well in fact they are on an irrigation system but is it perhaps that they are getting too much water?

Any advice appreciated, thx.

Reply to
SharonW

Good question. Most tree trouble tend to be in the rhizosphere: An article on such:

than that here are the most common problems.

Reply to
symplastless

What kind of conifer, and what is your location? A picture would help, but, browning on one side, or all over? What is the overstory, if any?

Reply to
Don Staples

More important, what kind of one year old conifer attains 5 feet?

Reply to
Sheldon