Problem with a large Hedge

I just cant seem to get Any growth whatsoever from her hedge, i've tried looking at it and it just leads me to the same conclusion, hiring a gardener but that would be expensive and i think it would be an easy fix for someone with more experience....
im really at a loss as to what to do, it just wont grow at all
--
genericus