Privet hedge infestation

Our Privet hedge is infested badly with some sort of bug. I would like to stop this, short of buying a commercial insecticide. Is there anybody out there who could give me the recipe of a more environmental friendly "insecticide" which I could spray on ? Much obliged !
You're going to need to figure out what kind of bug it is. Can you describe it? Meanwhile, get out there with a hose and a spray nozzle. Many pests are bothersome for just a few days or weeks each year, and blasting them off the plants can do the trick. Be sure to spray from below the leaves as well as from above.

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 18:07:18 -0400, "Ben Tuinman"

The first step is to identify the insect. Then read up on its lifecycle and habitat. Insecticidal soap sprays work on some insects, but certainly not all.