preserving garden fences

How often should garden lapboard fencing be creosoted?

Reply to
Graham Knott

Never.

Reply to
Val

NEVER!

See this site,

for creosote health effects information.

Reply to
Bill R

Telephone poles do not get re-creosoted, why should your fence? I can think of numerous finishes that are much better, but you did not state the material in your fence. I use Cabot semi-transparant decking stain on my (20-year old) wooden deck every 3-4 years.

Reply to
Phisherman

Creosote Exposure and Health Effects Apr 24, 2008 ... Creosotes including coal tar, coal tar pitch or coal tar pitch volatiles has been deemed extremely hazardous to human health. Side effects ...

effects-395357.html

Reply to
Billy

If not creosote the what? and how often? Thanks

Reply to
Graham Knott