preserving garden fences

How often should garden lapboard fencing be creosoted?

Never.

Telephone poles do not get re-creosoted, why should your fence? I can think of numerous finishes that are much better, but you did not state the material in your fence. I use Cabot semi-transparant decking stain on my (20-year old) wooden deck every 3-4 years.

Creosote Exposure and Health Effects Apr 24, 2008 ... Creosotes including coal tar, coal tar pitch or coal tar pitch volatiles has been deemed extremely hazardous to human health. Side effects ... www.articlesbase.com/environment-articles/creosote-exposure-and-health- effects-395357.html
--

- Billy
Billy wrote:

If not creosote the what? and how often? Thanks
Graham Knott wrote:

NEVER!
See this site, http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp85.html for creosote health effects information.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"