Predator squirrels? ? ?

Trying again to get this posted:

Is there anything I can do to keep squirrels from stripping my pear tree?

Reply to
Verizon

Aside from physical barriers, squirrels eat a lot of my peaches. Taking one bite out of each! So, I am going to plant another peach tree on the other side of the property. Plenty of peaches for me and plenty to give to neighbors. I also have apples, and berries of a few varieties on the property.

We only have at any given time a few red squirrels. If you have many, they sell Tangle Foot which you can put on the bark of the tree where they climb up, and keep all other things near the tree far away enough to force them to have only one way up the tree. They will not mess with a nice thick coat of Tangle Foot.

animaux

Here's an article I rough-drafted some while back, off the top of my head, in this newsgroup, then later revised a bit more carefully for my website:

that article is for comedy's sake, but some workable tactics are also included.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat