potted plant watering - pot edge vs center

Hi All!
Simplest Q: Will an amount of water applied to the *edge/rim* of a potted plant have the same distribution in the soil as applied to the *center* of the pot?
Why I ask: I'm building an indoor potted plant watering system. Basically a water tank --> pond pump --> four dual (fridge ice maker) solenoid valves --> t-connectors --> plants. All that plus the lights are under computer control. (Been using CP290 for years just for the lights but have recently upgraded to CM15A and the nicenice X10.com ActiveHome software.)
So I have 8 'channels' of watering schedule, but certainly not enough individual lines, so the t-connectors supply more plants. I find that due to -siphoning- (when not delivering water) and low delivery pressure (when delivering water) the -ends- of all the t-connected lines must be at almost -exactly- the same height. Roughly within a (1/4") hose diameter of each other, probably some hydrostatic physice going on there but I ain't a physicist so this is all just from observation and conjecture. :)
Mounting the hoses -reliably- at the -edge- of a pot is easy, but aiming for the -center- is fairly difficult both at initial setup and given likely minor movement of the lines in the future.
BTW using the tank and not mains because I'm on the 4th floor of an apt bldg and if SOMTHING GOES WRONG I need to limit my liability.
I'm 99% done, down to installing the lines which is where I'm finding this siphoning effect. Will have pics and a web page about it when it's done. Here're a couple of pics of what's there now, a bit of an indoor jungle :)
http://www.jbarchuk.com/img/plants/plants053104-1s.jpg and
http://www.jbarchuk.com/img/plants/plants053104-2s.jpg They're about 200k a pop so beware.
Thanks much. Have a :) day!
jb