Pothole care and maintance.

The road to our camp is gravel and has some huge potholes that are only getting worse. I have a feeling that simply filling and compacting them would be very temporary. Any suggestions? I am thinking that a jackhammer could be used to break up the humps between them and at least make them wider and less deep.

The road should be higher than the surrounding earth. Gravel means different thing to folks in different locations. Here it can be subsoil or small stones. Subsoil is cheap but more inclined to potholes.
Bill whose driveway is stones this after topsoil removed and replaced with subsoil and then stone. Top dressed when needed with more stone.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.

If the potholes are a result of percolation after a good rain, you may be spinning your wheels.
--
Dave

"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote in message

I doubt it. The road is along a river. The soil is very sandy and drains well.