Potatoes and flower pinching

Hello All, A friend told me that I should pinch off the flowers from my potatoe plants in order to divert that energy to the tubers. Do people feel that is correct? I've done it for a couple years and it doesn't seem to have hurt my crop.
Thanks for the help, John

I really don't think it would make a lot of difference either way.