Pot conundrum

So I have 2 pots left, 1 20 inch, 1 17 inch. The 20 holds 3 cubic feet of soil, the 17 holds 1.25. I have seedlings in need of planting, a black beauty zuke and some lemon yellow cukes. What would give me the best bang for the buck? 2 or 3 cukes in the 20 and the zuke in the 17, or 2 cukes in the 17 and 1 cuke in the 20? Or some other combo? I could get another pot but I am trying to budget this so the food I produce is at least equal to the cost of growing them.

Both of those will require the whole pot. Find some bowls or large cans to plant the others. Either recycle some old cans or go trash picking- in either case, wash them out with bleach (with lots of rinses afterwards) or run them through a hot dishwasher.
Chris

One in each, the zuke in the larger. Give them something to climb up in the sun.