Posting wrongfully in HTML instead of plain text and posting JPG's

Page 2 of 2
Travis wrote:

He plonked you last week, so he'll never see this.
Pretty soon he'll have plonked everyone, and he'll be posting a "how come I haven't seen any posts in the last week?" message.
Unless, of course, he really didn't plonk us, and is only pretending to ignore people.
Warren wrote:

So does "tittle-tattle" have a meaning or is it just something he made up?

USDA Zone 8b

It's a British phrase meaning idle gossip. Perhaps Leon reads "Tattler", a magazine for idle gossipers. Another phrase we use is "arse about tit", which describes someone who gets things back to front....who might also be called a "tit", an unmanly male of low intelligence. "Tat" is rubbish, as spoken by trolls, and "tit for tat", is when some tit gets what was coming to him.
Janet
contains these words:

British phrases have a stronger hold in Canada than some may think.

You're mistaken. Nobody nagged her or ran her off, and her name is Marilyn not Maggie.
FYI, she has a history of posting " I'm in a stew and taking a break" when she needs some time to sort herself out.From experience, she'll recover her equilibrium and return to the group when she's ready.
Janet
Sorry Janet, if she doesn't let you use her more personal nickname. But I know her as Maggie. Murri
contains these words:

contains these words:

She seems like a nice, well intentioned person, but she also seems to need special help that she will never receive from this nor any other newsgroups.
contains these words:

run
nahhhh, I'm still here.......just been up to my eyeballs in daily routines that would break an ordinary person, but things could be worse..........<g>

that's right! (and that could have been taken as just a slip of the fingers on the keyboards, Murri.......<gbseg>)

and Janet knows me well........((hug))

hmmm, sticking in the but means you are retracting the compliment that I am a nice, well intentioned person (which I really am most times) but I appreciate the compliment that you threw my way...............
she also seems to need

newsgroups.
I don't need any special help, nor have I asked for such from this newsgroup or any other that I may have visited. The only other one I rarely visit is alt.bianaries.gardens.pictures, and that's not nearly as often as I come here. This is my neighborhood, and I won't ever be gone long unless the computer refuses me, and even then I'll eventually return. Most problems can be fixed. Now if I could only figure out how to zip up JPG's to send to my garden friends who e-mail me outside the newsgroup, I'd be set!
spring post coming soon as I get the words untangled from my fingers. Thanks for the thought that I might need help,though. It's appreciated though misdirected. madgardener

madgardener wrote:
<snip>

JPG's are already compressed so zipping them will not make them much smaller if at all. You could use www.IrfanView.com the free viewer to make them smaller.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Travis wrote:

If you don't know about IrfanView yet, it's time you did. It's an all-purpose image viewer and basic editor. It does 99% (my estimate)of all the photo editing most people will ever do: crop, resize, brightness/contrast adjustment, red eye reduction, rotate (by any angle), converting from one image format (BMP, JPG, etc...) to another, making contact sheets, adding text to images, sharpen, etc., etc. It allows you to look at exif data from digital photos (which contain picture date/time, and other information about the camera).
It does all that faster than the fancy photo editors.
It's free for the downloading.
True, there are some things it doesn't do, so don't uninstall your fancy photo editor, but IrfanView will probably become your first line of editing if you try it.
I have no pecuniary or social interest in IrfanView. I just think it's a great program.
Since much of gardening is visual, a discussion of photo editing is relevant to this newsgroup.