pond tomato

Got my first tomato from the pond today. I read somewhere about growing tomatos in the filter, the idea is that they are very heavy feeders and will suck up all the nutrients. I don't know about that part, but the plant grew and gave me some nice fruit. Tastes good as well.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070702070803020003010009 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Enjoy the fruit of your ponding.
That is an interesting idea. I am not sure where to fit the tomato into our scheme, we would love some feeding like that. Lots of time to think about it...tomatos are for next year.
Jim
Charles wrote:

--------------070702070803020003010009 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8; name="jameshurley.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="jameshurley.vcf"
begin:vcard fn:See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net n:;See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net version:2.1 end:vcard
--------------070702070803020003010009--
be careful when growing tomatoes near pond don't let fish nibble on them the leaves will kill them. i planted some in rocks of my pond a few years ago and almost lost all my fish.