Two of my Koya (at least 8" long) have recently developed a grey mould about 1" round on their backs.
Can anyone advise me on what to do? I have around 12 fish in total of different ages and size. They have all been together for around two years.
Chris.

You might ask at rec.ponds
two of your Koi ????? like this
http://a.1asphost.com/fredfrog/orfe%20small.jpg
is columnaris or aeromonas with a fungal overgrowth. treat with PP every other day 3 times, add peroxide on last day. now...... if your pond is loaded with leaves this isnt going to work. fill 100 gallon holding tank or kiddie pool with pond water, drain rest of pond and when the fish are nearly flopping on their side net and move into the holding tank.. be sure to cover with bird netting to keep em from jumping. use a plastic shovel to get rid of the muck in the bottom ... shovel into buckets and sucker somebody into moving buckets to compost heap. DONT scrub sides of pond, refill and when there is enough water to cover the fish salt dip the fish before putting them back in the pond. put the water on spray and let it slowly refill over night or a couple days. DO NOT use water colder than the pond water. it can be up to 10o warmer. http://puregold.aquaria.net/pg/disease/disease.htm PP treatment and salt dips in treatment section. Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@abertay.ac.uk (Ms C. Peach) wrote:

I had a similar problem with some pond goldfish, around 8 inches long. I bought a medication from the pet store but I don't remember the name. It was a dip that you mix up with water and then dip the fish in it for one or two seconds and you do this two or three times in succession. I used an extra large fish net to hold the fish as I dipped him/her into a baking dish containing the medication mixture. Then release the fish back into the pond and the problem is solved. You may have to repeat this but I don't think I did. It was hard enough catching the critter in the first place. This all took place twenty years ago so I am unfamiliar with the newest medications but treating the entire pond will, hopefully, not be necessary. I had about 20 other fish in this pond and none of the others became infected. Good luck.