Political Question

In Florida, the Dems, by moving their primary, they were in violation of the rules, thus they were informed that their votes would not count. Then they made a decision based on an understanding of the rules of the game, to sacrifice their vote by moving the date. This was clearly understood. What reason is there, that anything but the rules and their decisions, be respected? Who is responsible for not respecting the decisions which Florida made with an understanding of the rules? Why would anybody even imagine that their vote would count. Could someone please help me understand? I mean it sounds like something Bush would do. I thought the Dems were different. I guess this is just another one of those times I am wrong.

Reply to
symplastless

Bread and circuses, John.

Reply to
Charlie

Another interpretation might read, as is supposedly attributed to Josef Stalin..."It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes."

Of course, this has sometimes been discredited as simply being one of those urban legend thingies.

Where is my seed saving manual?

Reply to
Charlie

Whew.....you saved me from myself again.

Now then, this is a *very* big question...what are you planting this year and why.

In a nutshell, more than I should and much less than I must.

Tell ya' what, I'll post that up tomorrow under a new header since it will get me back on topic and require more typing than I feel like doing now, having just finished a bowl of red beans and rice and Lovely just brought out some coconut chocolate nobake cookies.......Later!

Reply to
Charlie