Plz identify this plant/weed (I think it's tomatillo)

Last year I had some tomatillos planted in the center of a tomato/pepper patch, and I planted them so close together I could not get to the tomatillos. I didn't harvest any from them, and I'm guessing several dozen or more fruits dropped and rotted on the ground. This year, I have in that one area only, hundreds of little plants growing. I thought at first they were weeds, but they only grow in this one area, and now that they are getting bigger, they look very suspicisously like baby tomatillos. Here is a pic:
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2007/2007JuneGarden/images/DSCF8976.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2007/2007JuneGarden/images/DSCF8978.jpg
This is a real tomatillo that I planted:
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2007/2007JuneGarden/images/DSCF8957.jpg
I don't recognize a weed that looks like that - I've started to think that they are indeed tomatillos from last year. And there are literally hundreds and hundreds of them!
"Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in

That's how I got cherry tomatoes the second year after I threw the old plant in my fire pit. By spring there were doezens of baby plants just waiting to be transplanted.
Ditto with pumpkins, too. I cannot get rid of these things.
On 6/7/07 6:50 AM, in article f48nt1$44d$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com,

Tough problem to have ;)
My neighbor had a dog that love graped tomatoes. Things sprung up all over the place.

But they don't grow where I want them to grow and if I tranplant them (out of the fire pit, for example) then they don't grow at all.

Ew. Don't eat those termatters!
On 6/7/07 7:53 AM, in article f48rki$6qh$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com,

Since they are still sprouting 3 years after the dog passed, I imagine they are safe enough... C

I'll take some if you don't want them ;-)

Only if you take a truckload of horse manure with them. It's mandatory.

Don't have a truck, would a garden cartload work? We get compost from the chicken/rabbit/geese droppings that might help supplement.

No, you need a truck. Possibly a semi. I have a draft horse. He makes LOTS of manure.
Hourly.

Crap(um I just realized that wasn't the best word to use)...there are lots of truckers around here, but I have no idea how to drive a semi, so that's out. What kind of draft horse? Clydesdale?
On 6/7/07 11:04 PM, in article 6H3ai.1994$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net, "Lilah Morgan"

Oh thank you, I needed the laugh. It was a crappy day yesterday and today will be as bad.
AND
I dearly wish I knew some one with a horse that would give me manure... C

well................................. we have 9 horses now and 5 cows......... but we in NC!!!!

He's a PMU foal: Shire/Belgiun cross. About 1700# of manure maker. See him here in the HORSES folder: http://community.webshots.com/user/deerhnd
The little horses are just lawn decorations.

Oh FW I enjoyed seeing your horses so much, and also your beautiful deerhounds (dear-hounds?) Thanks Emilie

Thanks, Emilie, I like showing them off, too. And my Deerie is my dearie.

Are all those pictures yours? The artifacts/fossils, etc?

Yep. Good artifact hunting this season. :)