Plumeria funeral?

My indoor plumeria, 4 feet tall and healthy as a horse in winter, is developing what looks like sunburn on the leaves and a host of little white flies and bigger scales on the stems. What is it and what can I do (other than head for a rather sketchy "plant diseases" chapter?) zemedelec
On 26 May 2004 14:59:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) opined:

My plumeria is 10 feet tall and has those scales on the bark, also. It is not an insect. I remove the foliage which gets spotty over winter and I have nice fresh foliage coming out now. I suggest you fertilize your plant as I find they are very heavy feeders.
Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend? http://www.animaux.net/stern/present.html