Plumeria cuttings have black rot....

I bought some plumeria cuttings last September, put them in a plastic bag on a shelf in the garage. Looked at them today (mid-January) and three of them have turned to black mush on the growing end, and they are are all showing some black which I believe is probably mold. The three that are badly rotted I threw away, but planted the others. They show some "black" but still have some green healthy-looking tissue also. Will they still root and grow OK? There were very hot days in the fall, and the winter has been very mild here in S Texas. Do the cutting need to be kept cold and dry ?

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

- care instructions
- all other instructions

Jim Caldwell wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky
[I bought some plumeria cuttings last September....., Do the cuttin need to be kept cold and dry ? [/B]

hi there my suggestion is to cut off any of the rot and keep trying. make sure yo cut it well beyond where the rot stops. with plumeria, they are full of latex (the white sappy stuff), an because of this are very prone to rot in the right conditions. when you take a cutting (or cut off the rot bits) put it on a concret patch somewhere about the garden to "dry out" for two weeks at least. this allows the cut end to form a callous and therefore not allow rot i when you plant it. good luck and happy growing Rena

- RapturousRena

RapturousRenay