Please State Your Geographic Location and Your Climate

When you seek advice about plants, please let us know where you are and what your climate is. Advice for the Cheviot Hills of England will be quite different from advice for the Cheviot Hills of Los Angeles, California. Portland, Oregon, has quite a different climate than Portland, Maine. Rome, New York, is different from Rome, Italy.
No, you don't have to be as detailed as my Climate Web page (see my signature below). But you should let us know, for example if your winters are severe or mild and if your summers are torrid or merely warm.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see