Please identify this plant

Hello all:
Another identification request please.
https://plus.google.com/101467498787063231488/posts/NerUcrvaHLe
I used a program called "Leaf" but it could not identify it correctly...
Thanks!
Al
On 01/09/16 20:28, Al Tprk wrote:

It's a cornus fruit. Maybe something like Cornus kousa.
--

Jeff

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 2:08:56 PM UTC-7, Jeff Layman wrote:

Thank you! Now I can eat the fruits without worry...
Al

Yes, but how do you separate out the seeds? The skin is also tasty, but a little leathery. That doesn't leave all that much pulp to eat.
Mine doesn't get much sun, so its fruits are small.
On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 5:12:27 PM UTC-7, Don Wiss wrote:

Well, I actually have not tasted the fruits yet. The tree is at a public place, and my roommate brought the two fruits I photographed. He then ate them when I told them they are safe...
Al
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 2:08:56 PM UTC-7, Jeff Layman wrote:

On a different note, can this tree be grown from cuttings?
Thanks,
Al
On 02/09/16 00:28, Al Tprk wrote:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/4391/i-Cornus-kousa-i/Details Propagate by semi-hardwood or hardwood cuttings or grafting
More info at http://www.pfaf.org/user/cmspage.aspx?pageidX "The plant can also be propagated by cuttings, though these are not as vigorous as seedlings. However, if you know of a particularly good fruiting form* then cuttings are the best way of increase. Half-ripe side shoots 10 - 15cm long and preferably with a heel can be taken in July or August. Put them in a sandy compost and place them in a lightly shaded place in a greenhouse or polytunnel. It is important to keep the shoots in a fairly humid atmosphere and preferably with some bottom heat to encourage rooting. Rooting should take place within a few weeks, though we usually get quite poor results. We get a much better take with hardwood cuttings in late autumn once the leaves have fallen. These should be 15 - 20cm long of the current years growth and preferably with a heel. We put them straight into the ground in a polytunnel and usually get good results."
*NB PFAF is interested in food plants. You can apply their directions to good flowering forms, too.
--

Jeff

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 12:50:17 AM UTC-7, Jeff Layman wrote:

Thank you Jeff. I'll try this right away.
Al