Please Identify This Flowering Plant

Hi everyone,
My mother planted this in her garden last year. It didn't amount to much then but this year it has grown quite high and is lovely. She can't remember what it was called or where she bought it.
Can someone identify it? Thank you in advance.
http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Flower1.jpg
Denny
Foxglove (Digitalis sp., but I can't remember what species). It's a biennial, and doesn't send up a flower stalk until the second year. The first year, they're just big-leafed weedy-looking things. They also reseed easily, so you'll get a continuous crop every year
--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA

Looks like Digitalis x mertonensis
Toad

foxglove aka digitalis purpurea. The plant was used as a treatment for heart failure, synthetic digitalis still is. Don't eat it or let animals eat it.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/wildseed/27/27.4.html
Foxgloves - digitalis Helen