Please ID this tree.....

I have two young trees in pots, don't know what they are. Each growing (new growth) tip branch consists of 8 leaves. Each leaf is almost perfect oval, only slightly pointed a the tip. They are abt 1 in. long and 1/4 in wide. In the spring it has bright yellow flowers that are about 3/8 in. in diameter, and have 6 petals. Any ideas? I live in S. Texas, and the TAMU tree finder website for Texas didn't seem to have this tree, maybe it does not grow natively here.

What you may be describing are single pinnate leaves with 8 leaflets.

Bright yellow flowers in spring suggests Forsythia, but that has 4 petals. It also flowers while leafless.
Possibly someone in Texas will recognise you plant, but otherwise we need more details (or photographs).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

Or if you are at or near Geronimo, put it out front at the store with a sign asking customers to tell you the name. ;-)
Tom J

I doubt they are trees, sounds more like a shrub, or woody weed. Trees seldom bloom that small, or that early.