Please ID this Flowering Plant

Hi, this past spring I saw this plant growing right against the fence between my neighbour's yard and mine. I was going to cut it down, but I was curious as to what it is. It is just now starting to flower, and the blooms sure are pretty. Can anyone ID this plant? Area is southern Ontario Canada, Thank you very much in advance.
Denny
http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/nice_flower.jpg
On 9/26/2007 8:30 AM, Denny wrote:

The leaf does not look familiar. But the flower indicates a mallow of some kind. Mallows include hibiscus, hollyhock, and Lavatera among others.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

The common Hibiscus syriacus cultivar, at least on this side of the pond, with that colour pattern is 'Red Heart', but there might well be other. However the H. sino-syriacus cultivars 'Autumn Surprise' and 'Ruby Glow' are similar, and the shape of the leaves looks more consistent with H. sino-syriacus.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Hibiscus/galleryH.html

It's most likely a hibiscus or a close relative - in other words a plant classified in the family Malvaceae. I can't see the sexual parts clearly enough to tell if it is a hibiscus or something else. If you Google Images for hibiscus you can see what the sexual parts look like and compare to your plant.
It is most likely to be a Rose of Sharon which is, as other say, in the Malvacea family:
http://images.google.com/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=rose+of+sharon+&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
Look at this link to see the exact plant it may be by looking at the flower. All plants, sans ferns, palms, and cycads are identified by their flower parts.
If the link doesn't work, do a google search on rose of sharon and in the upper left corner click on images and it will bring them all up.

Hibiscus syriacus 'Red Heart'

This plant is almost definitely a hibiscus, although I am not familiar with Ontario. It is pretty widespread and can be grown in the UK in a sheltered spot.
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:05:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Almost definitely. Hmmm. :)
This is a hibiscus syriacus (Rose of Sharon) plant/tree/shrub . . . it only blooms for a few short weeks at the end of summer or early fall w/ gorgeous blooms which both hummingbirds and orioles favor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_syriacus http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/h/hibsyr/hibsyr3.html http://www.cnr.vt.edu/DENDRO/dendrology/syllabus/hsyriacus.htm
Regards.