Please help me identify the following plants

Hello all:
I have three plants that I am trying to identify.
Here are a few photos for them.
https://plus.google.com/photos/101467498787063231488/album/6315216537645756561?authkey=CKTJ_Lqj96C0Tw
The first one has leaves like a birch, but it is much taller.
The second is a small plant with leaves resembling that of a taro plant. It produces a cluster of small berries on a stem. They are first green as shown on photo. Later they turn red.
The third is a tree with small dark fruits. I have three photos for it.
Thank you!
On 05/08/16 06:58, Al Tprk wrote:

Don't know the first.
The second is an arum. If it was in the UK I'd say Arum maculatum.
The third is cherry laurel (Prunus laurocerasus).
--

Jeff

Jeff,
I am in San Jose, California.
I looked up arum on Google, and found the following page. The photo there matches what I have:
https://namethatplant.wordpress.com/tag/arum-italicum/
Arum Maculatum leaves seem to be different on most photos, but some photos show similar leaves.
I have been thinking that the fruits may be poisonous and never touched it for years. However, my roommate ate some and he survived! So I will try some.

On 2016-08-05 17:17:14 +0000, Al Tprk said:

Better not to. There is a wide range of sensitivity to oxalates in the human population. You don't want your throat to swell shut and suffocate, do you?
On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 4:09:54 PM UTC-7, Amos Nomore wrote:

Amos, I think I did not delineate my answers properly. Or did not have enough coffee and got the plants mixed up. Or both :)
I meant to say that my roommate ate the fruits of the cherry laurel (Prunus laurocerasus) and survived.
Wikipedia article in English on it says:
"fruit and seed may cause severe discomfort to humans if ingested".
Yet my roommate, who speaks and reads Chinese fluently, has read the Chinese version of the Wikipedia article, and he says that it does not say that the fruit is poisonous.
And yet another article I read in a third language says that the fruits are edible!
Go figure...
On 06/08/16 00:35, Al Tprk wrote:

From http://www.fruitipedia.com/english_laurel_prunus_laurocerasus.htm "The fruits are edible, although rather bland and somewhat astringent. Flavour resembles that of apricots, plums and peaches to which English laurel is related. "
Many years ago I tried some fruit and found it rather unpleasant in flavour. Of course, it may not have been fully ripe, and that might account for its unpleasant flavour. Try eating an unripe cherry and you'll know what I mean!
--

Jeff