Please help ID this fly trapped on an apple-maggot trap

I just put out some tangle-trap coated red balls to reduce the apple maggot infestation [this is in Seattle]. By the end of the day I had at least 6 of these flies, about 8mm body length. I've posted a photo of one of them:

doesn't look like an apple maggot - I'd hate to be trapping something innocuous!

Anyone with a clue - I'd appreciate it.

Reply to
cassiope