Pleaching

I am looking for a tree suitable for pleaching. Ideally the tree should be evergreen or 'near' evergreen (I know some Pyrus varieties. have this behaviour). Searching the web Tilia (lime) varieties is also mentioned. I would appreciate any comments on plant selection and also on the techniques employed to pleach....
The pleached row of plants will run down one side of my rear yard and is planned to have a height of b/w 3 - 4 m.
thanks
james

Whatever you choose should have a good tolerance for pruning and pliable, non-brittle branches. You give no idea of where you are, so I can't really suggest anything. Limber pine (Pinus flexilis) is one that comes to mind that might meet your criteria.
Kay

my apologies...i usually add my location...Melbourne AUS
jpd1009 wrote:

check; http://www.arborsmith.com/index.html http://www.rainforestinfo.org.au/good_wood/pleachng.htm
Carl
--